Michael G. Robinson is a partner of the firm and a member of the firm’s Real Estate, Finance and Corporate Practice Groups.
Mr. Robinson’s practice specializes in the representation of owners, developers, and retailers in connection with the acquisition, disposition, financing, leasing, development and redevelopment of shopping centers, stand-alone retail sites, as well as office, industrial and other commercial property. He has extensive experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of commercial real estate documents, including retail and other commercial leases, major tenant leases, purchase and sale agreements, property encumbrances including easements, CC&Rs, declarations, reciprocal access and parking easements, financing documents (including legal opinion letters), and related documents, as well as handling other complex real estate transactional matters. Mr. Robinson also has experience drafting and negotiating other commercial agreements and corporate documentation, including corporate formation documents, operating agreements and bylaws, partnership agreements, corporate resolutions and consents, transfer and assignment documents, and related agreements.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Robinson was a practicing California commercial real estate sales agent from 1994-1995, and he obtained his California real estate broker’s license in 2003.
Mr. Robinson earned his law degree from Pepperdine University in 1998 where he focused on real estate law. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Business, with an emphasis on Real Estate Finance, from the University of Southern California in 1994.
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- J.D. - 1998
- Major: Real estate law
- University of Southern California
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1994
- Major: Business
- Major: Real Estate Finance
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Association of Corporate Real Estate Executives of Southern California, Board of Directors (Treasurer/ Legal)
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- California commercial real estate, Sales agent, 1994 to 1995
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member